Thursday, January 13, 2011

Yellow Swans - Going Places


This album is pretty fucking spectacular. I don't listen to a lot of noise/drone music because I honestly do not enjoy a lot of it, but this is really great. There are more than enough reviews on the internet from reputed sources, so I doubt anyone is going to come to lil' ol' me to hear my two cents. But here they are anyway..

These guys broke up before this was released at the end of last year (is the album name supposed to be ironic?), and this is something of a last hurrah. It is also the first thing I have to listened to by them, so there is another reason to ignore my opinion/thoughts. It is really amazing though. They build these unbelievably dense, atmospheric textures around little themes and repetitive, almost abrasive loops. From what I gather all of their live shows and recordings were improvised peices.It really is quite an intense listen, and I strongly reccomend it.

Download

PS. I have been really lazy not updating this but I will be dissapointed in myself if I let this blog die. Point being that I am going to get back on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment