Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Milky Magnets - “THE COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS” E.P



Alex is definitely one of the most talented and amazing dudes I have ever met. This is his most recent EP, and  in my opinion it is his best release yet. I really should have blogged this a while ago like I said I would.

This is the third EP of Alex's that I have heard (he has 2 others and a 7" available here on his blog). Like I said, I think this is the best thing he has done yet (although I really do love it all) because he has struck such a perfect balance between catchy-as-hell, beautiful pop-songs; confronting, somewhat ugly atonal music; and harsh, lo-fidelity recording. The most perfect example of this is in 'Pink Keyboard'. I really really love this song. It is such a beautiful piece of music. Also 'Science Gurls' is probably the catchiest song he has written yet. Really, really good shit.

I know I have already mentioned it, but the recording of this EP is especially stunning. The sound is still somewhat harsh and most definitely "lo-fi", yet there is this soft fuzziness to the recording of all of the songs. It is strangely inviting and comfortable.

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment