Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Big Blood - Space Gallery Jan. 27, 2007/Sahara Club Jan. 28, 2007


Ok this will be the last Big Blood album I post for now. I might some more later because I didn't even get to do a post on all of my favourites. But I did a few and if you like any of these you will love all of them. Anyway I saved the best one for last. This was the first Big Blood album that I heard, and the first one I listened to for a while. It is pretty simply one of the best albums I have ever listened to.

To be honest I cannot think of much to write about this today. I have kind of said alot about Big Blood in the previous posts. Also my itunes has just shat itself so I have to organise my fucking music on the computer again (serves me right for using itunes). Urgh! Point being that I am kind of pissed off at the moment
.
Well anyway this is probably their most solid album I guess. That isn't to say the others are not consistent, because they are all so good. To be honest I am not even particularly sure why I like this one slightly more than the others, Perhaps it is because it was the first one I heard. But I suppose it is probably because there are the most genius songs here. I really love these songs, A LOT! My particular favourite is 'The Rise Of Quinissa Rose'. It is about Caleb and Colleen's daughter and it is one of the most powerful, beautiful songs I have ever heard. It is such a simple and sparse song, and it is so great for it. The vocal melody is hands down one of the best things ever. Their voices shine as they always do, but it sounds even more special than usual on this track. Anyway you get the point, I really like this song.

All of the other songs rule as well. 'She Said Nothing' is playing as I write this. This song is Big Blood at their most folky I suppose. I feel like I am floating when I listen to this song. Colleen's accordion playing is really amazing on this album. The first track, 'Glory Daze' and track six 'A Hole In One' are essentially just Colleen's voice and the accordion (well 'Glory Daze' has drums as well) and the two instrumental interludes on are both have mainly accordion. Anyway these two songs are shit hot. After these songs they hit up probably one of their spaciest, most freaked out songs to date, being 'Don't Trust Ruin'. Everything is effected by delay on this song. For lack of a better expression, SHIT IS SO CASH!

'Sequins' is the last track.  And goddamn! I aways forget how great this song is. This song reminds me a lot of their Cerberus Shoal stuff. It is also pretty freaked out. Something I didn't mention in any of the other posts. Big Blood are a 'phantom four-peice', featuring Caleb, Colleen, and their alter-egos Rose Philistine and Asian Mae respectively. IT'S A FUCKING RIOT! anyway I am gonna finish this up now and get to organising my fucking music. URGH!!!!

Enjoy

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment