Wednesday, December 22, 2010

John Kinsella



John Kinsella is one of my all-time favorite poets. He is West Australian and lives in York. He is a very interesting dude and I highly recommend his work. I will link you to a couple of my favourites of his that are available online. These are all available (and more great work) on his online Western Australian Writing anthology. There are a lot of people (a lot people I know personally) who discount Australian literature as being ridiculously nationalistic and just generally cringeworthy. This is a completely narrow-minded, ignorant opinion to have. John Kinsella is just one of the many brilliant writers from Australia. Anyway if you enjoy this be sure to check out his political and social opinions. Totally interesting fella!

The Silo

Figures in a Paddock

Rock picking: building cairns

The Hunt (for Les Murray)

and here is the link for the online anthology.

No comments:

Post a Comment