Friday, December 3, 2010

The Dead Milkmen - Beelzebubba

Beelzebubba - album cover

My love for The Dead Milkmen is turning in to a full-blown addiction. They are essentially the only band I have listened to for the past five days. OH MY GODDD! They are the best band ever (I proclaim this far too often).

"So silly, yet so clever" is probably the most accurate way sum them up. and the songs are so goddamn catchy. I think I have also read that they are a "satirical punk band". That is pretty apt. I have neglected these dudes for far too long. Goddamn genius.

Anyway, this is probably my favourite of their albums at this point, although this is likely to change. Big Lizard is totally ballin' as well. but this album has some of the greatest songs ever; 'Bleach Boys', 'Life is Shit', 'Stuart',  'My Many Smells', 'Punk Rock Girl', 'The Guitar Song'. It is fucking genius.

I can't say much more so I will leave you with some lyrics fromt he album.

"I'm so bored I'm drinking bleach"

"And in the sky I saw Richard Nixon
Smoking a lacey with Mr. Dickson
He said "Son there's something I must say,
I do believe I've found a better way"
And a vision came
And I new it was Bob Crane
And Bob sang:


Life is shit, life is shit
The world is shit, the world is shit
This is life as I know it
This is life as I know it"

Actually hell, I will just leave you with the lyrics to Stuart.

"Now, Stuart, if you look at the soil around any large US city,
there's a big undeground homosexual population. Des Moines, Iowa,
for an example. Look at the soil around Des Moines, Stuart.
You can't build on it; you can't grow anything in it. The government
says it's due to poor farming. But I know what's really going on,
Stuart. I know it's the queers. They're in it with the aliens.
They're building landing strips for gay Martians, I swear to God."

Download

1 comment:

  1. and this from Big Lizard In My Backyard

    Gave to the gorilla girl, gobs and gobs of love.
    No one else would touch that girl unless they wore a glove.
    Gifted was this girl of mine, great knowledge could she grasp.
    But once she ate a golf pro and vomited in the grass.

    But I love my groovy gorilla girl,
    And her groovy, gorgeous gape, oh!
    And her fabulous zoo-keeper father-
    My love looks like an ape!

    My folks say she's wrong for me; this girl is a mistake.
    Whenever I date gorilla girl they whack me with a rake.
    Took her out to a picnic at a girl scout jamboree.
    Golly did those girl scouts gape at gorilla girl and me.

    But I love my groovy gorilla girl,
    And her groovy, gorgeous gape, oh!
    And her fabulous zoo-keeper father-
    My love looks like an ape!

    ReplyDelete