Sunday, December 12, 2010

Iva Bittová & Vladimír Václavek - Bílé Inferno

Bile Inferno

This is a good'n this is. To be honest I am probably way out of my depth trying to write something intellegent about this album. Who am I kidding, this was never and will never be intellegent. Oh just a heads up , for some reason windows would not let me compress the folder with any accented letters so I had to change them. The song titles therefore are not exactly what they are supposed to be (I doubt anybody cares but you never know).

Alrighty, the year is 1997 and the language is definitely not enlglish. It is Czech for the most part, but if you really want to know what the lyrics are someone has translated it for you here. To be honest I didn't really have a yearning to know what the lyrics were but I stumbled across this. They are nonetheless pretty good. What Iva Bittova is singing is nothing compared to how she is singing. She is pretty wild , goin' all nuts and shizz with her vocals (i speak english goodly right?). I really like the vocal parts added by Vladimír Václavek as well. The two voices interact really well with each other.

It is obvious straight up that both Iva Bittová and Vladimír Václavek are pretty damn impressive musicians. The songs are filled with wacky time signatures and all sorts of things my feeble musical brain fails to grasp. What is great about it though is that they don't go all virtuoistic on our asses. It is restrained and still goddamn impressive. The balance is perfect.

I put off describing what the music sounds like because it is hard to describe. I will give it a whirl now though. ummm.. well Iva Bittová plays some wildly awesome violin while Vladimír Václavek plays some wildy awesome acoustic guitar. The songs are based around the interplay between the two instruments, and wild shreking vocal melodies accompany. Yeah something like that. It definitely sounds Eastern European if that helps. Maybe try 'Eastern-European Avant-Folk'.

Anyway it is a brilliant album. It is everything a callobration between two artists should be. The vocal and instrumental interplay between the two is really really great. It is a double album so I suggest only listening to it if you think you can stomach 1.2 hours of 'Eastern-European Avant-Folk', which admittedly I cannot always do. It is well worth doing though, because SHIT IS SO CASH!

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment