Monday, November 22, 2010

Cromagnon - Orgasm



Uh, well... This album is very very very very very very strange. I know the expression "this is fucked up" gets thrown around alot these days, but this truely is FUCKED UP!! It isn't something you would sit down and listen to every day if you consider yourself sane. But the album really is so goddamn good.

It was recorded in 1969 by a couple of dudes making a living off writing bubblegum, sugary sweet pop songs. I guess this wasn't enough for these bat-shit-insane dudes, so they decided to record 'Orgasm'. It really isn't a pleasent listen, and I cannot quite understand why I enjoy it so much.

The first track, 'Caledonia' is downright awesome, and it has bagpipes. Probably/definitely the best song on the album. After that there are some weird as hell tracks with people shreiking. Maybe they are having an orgasm? Or being tortured? Or both?? 'Crow of the Black Tree' is sweet as well, and I really like 'Toth, Scribe I', this long, creepy-as-shit track with a drone running through with these smashing and banging noises that sort of act as percussion. It kind of reminds me of the music in Super Mario 64 when you have to fight Bowser, except it doesn't really sound like it. I think I would have been too scared to verse Bowser if this was the soundtrack. Well this song sort of has a video game vibe.

Stupid comparisons aside, this really doesn't sound like anything else. Really fucked up. Really really fucked up. I don't think I have done a very good job at trying to convince people to listen to this. But do it, at least once. It is quite good. Even if it is only for the first song, which is seriously genius.

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment