Monday, November 8, 2010

HOLIDAYZZZZZ

This morning at 4am I finished my last essay for the year. My shittiest semester ever was bookended by probably my shittiest essay ever, but dayum I feel good.

Anyway with this thang here I guess I am just going to talk about music. Hopefully my laziness will not prevail, and I keep this going long enough for some peeps to hear some sweet-ass toonz.

I am gonna start this big, bad thang off by posting some songs that will take ya'll on a journey through time to my last day of uni for the year. Here it goes.

10am - I got to uni. I probably wasted about 4 hours on facebook and listening to music. I remember listening to this a few times, feeling like a mega-badass.
Pussy Galore are so fucked up, and their fucked up version of Rocks Off makes it sound so fucking dirty. Fuck. Is this what people on heroin think the Stones sound like? Hell I maybe even like it better than the original.

The next like 6 or so hours I actually did some work and cannot remember what I listened to.

8pm - After setting up on the other campus after the library closed I was surprised to find that I was not only was I alone in the lab, but I was the only person in the whole 3 story building. I spent at least 2 hours messing around on the internet and running around the empty building, until I worked out how to run my ipod through the speakers. sweet jesus this was an awesome idea. I took off my shoes, put my feet up, and was probably as relaxed as you could possibly be with a deadline only hours away, and a shitload of work still to do. Jim O'Rourke was the perfect companion for the next few hours. Felt good man.
(I don't why this guy feels his face is so important, but the sound quality is reasonable)

or perhaps

now skip forward some hours to 4 am (this is weak, I know). I HAD FUCKING FINISHED. DONE ALL OF MY REFERENCES AND EVERYTHING (I can never be bothered proof-reading though). I jumped in my car and listened to the Chills, cranking my shitty stereo as loud as it could go.

Yelling along to this song while driving home in the early hours of the morn' was one of the best feelings ever.

Also this song is so insanely good.

So there it is. That was totally just an excuse to post some cool songs.

It can only get better from here, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment