Thursday, November 25, 2010

Frozen Ocean - Initial Mission


Frozen ocean are the best band in the world. Ok, I'm biased because I love the dudes so much. But goddamn they rule, especially live (as long as Pete hasn't been at his brothers bachelor party all day). If you havn't seem them yet, which I am sure you all have, then get on it.

It is just drums and guitar. It is loud, sometimes heavy, funny, always fucking great. Oh and they are the nicest dudes around. Anyway this is the album they recorded this year, I couldn't find the actual album cover so I just used this, it's close enough. The album starts with 'Mexico', one of their most awesome songs. The rest of the album is fucking excellent too.

I am pretty sure that they recorded this one in a studio (which is a first, I think). The lyrics are hillarious throughout, and it sure as hell is not an act. These dudes are this funny always. Ah what else can I say.. Pete is a motherfucker of a guitar player, he is so goddamn good. And Macka is equally a beast on the drums, also so goddamn good. They are one of, if not my favourite band to watch to in Perth. Their music is schizophrenic, one second you are knodding your head and tapping your toes to a  relatively slow, relaxed groove. The next second they explode and your face literally melts. LITERALLY FUCKING MELTS! no hyperbole, this is a goddamn fact.

I don't think I did this band justice right now. But I promise, they will make you weak at the knees.

Macka said it is cool to upload this, but still you should buy this when you see them. I am sure they still have some copies.


I think at some point I will upload some other recordings of their's. They have alot of good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment